How Larnaca has developed over the last few years, what are the major perspectives in Cyprus and what is the role of PHS.
The most important question that someone should ask is which city is the best in Cyprus? I think the best way to answer this question and make it more interesting is “Which cities in Cyprus are doing remarkable things to get much better right now?
Over the last few years, everyone noticed the development progress happening all over Cyprus and most importantly in Larnaca city. For various important reasons, Larnaca city has been chosen as a remarkable destination for international investors for either live in Larnaca, having their own house, or expand their business activities by investing in various business sectors.
Smart people see the opportunities and take advantage of them.
Some of the most important developments happening in Larnaca city are:
- Metropolis Mall, an icon for Larnaca city and the surroundings.
- The Pearl of Mackenzie is a high-end project with a unique design that will change the look of Mackenzie area.
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence aims to become a new and alternative choice for business and leisure staying in the old port area of Larnaca.
- The creation of a Marine and Maritime Institute to promote scientific and business excellence in the blue economy sector, the only one in Cyprus.
- Major international hospitality expansion between InterContinental Hotels (IHG), Sunnyseeker Hotels and Quality Group.
What makes Larnaca as a remarkable city?
- Larnaca continues to be recognised as the finest choice when purchasing property.
- Larnaca International Airport.
- Business hub.
- Exceptional city for families and growing children.
- Larnaca’s future yachting Marina, the largest in Cyprus, with luxurious facilities, will set Larnaca as a Prime Mediterranean Tourist Destination, expecting significant benefits.
- A Mayor, who loves his city, who does the utmost to make the city looks even more beautiful, pays attention to detail and who is focusing on outcome that matters.
Due to Larnaca being one of the most important cities of Cyprus, the economy of this city contributes heavily to the economy of Cyprus.
What Larnaca should do more:
- Larnaca should become a smart city, meaning that:
- City created services (i.e. parking, lighting, traffic, waste management, energy management etc)
- Corporate created services (i.e. promoting & organising business events, tax & other incentives, minimising bureaucracy, expediate permissions & licenses etc)
- Community created services (i.e. parks, green areas, office parks, universities, hospital services etc)
- Private citizen/investment created services (i.e. promoting & organising events, expediate licences, providing incentives, supporting etc)
All the above services should be focusing on:
- Increasing the Quality of life & Public Safety
- Government efficiency & Sustainability
- Economic Development & Employment Development
- Health, Wellness & Mobility
- Boosting overall Economy
The SMART city
- Municipality should work and act like a corporation aiming to extensively achieve key outcomes for its various stakeholders, including residents, businesses, investors, municipal organizations and visitors.
- Well treat of children indicates a good measure for the health of a city
- Put eyes in all public areas mean crime and policing will never be the same again
- Help and give to people that need food. Ban supermarkets from throwing away food. All unsold food nearing its sell-by date must go to charities or food banks.
The role of PHS in the development of Larnaca
Accountants have many roles to play in the development of every economy. PHS has grown steadily and carefully over the last years, being one of the 50 largest accounting firms all over Cyprus aiming to become number 1 firm in Larnaca in the next couple of years.
Over the years, PHS has successfully managed to:
- Attract investors in Larnaca. Without investments, the economy will not develop and grow.
- Serve an attractive number of local and international clients by rendering of accounting, auditing and taxation services.
- Promote of sustainability reporting and corporate transparency.
- Provide high quality of service to local and international clients which is the key to improving transparency, facilitating the mobilization of domestic and international investment, creating a sound investment environment and fostering investor confidence.
- Successfully promote Larnaca on an international level.
- Employ and trained more people in both business and personal level.
- Organise charity events helping the local community.
- Contribute towards the economic development of Larnaca.
GET IN TOUCH
At PHS & Partners, we pay the highest attention to every case and need through personal approach in helping companies and individuals.
Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals and targets.